5 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing Weight.
These are the six biggest mistakes that people make when it comes time to try to do this. You probably have tried various diets. But still, the weight is not reducing. And you are now thinking, what am I doing wrong?
Stop measuring your progress in kg and start measuring it in inches. If you start working out in the gym and after a few days you step on the weighing scale and see that you have not reduced even a single kg, let that number not decide how well you are doing. Because they are chances that you have lost fat and at the same time you have put on some muscle.
Instead, you should take a measuring tape and see if your waistline has reduced. Also, you can check if your clothes are fitting you better. If yes, it is excellent news for you as you have improved your body composition.
- Moreover, checking your weight on a weighing scale can fluctuate by as much as 2 kg daily. It is because of water retention is another major factor in not losing weight. So, let that number not disturb you.
- One of the major mistakes that people make is that they are doing the wrong type of exercise. Most people think doing cardiovascular exercise on a treadmill and running for an extended period will help them reduce weight. Cardio training is excellent for heart health but is not ideal for losing weight. A perfect fat loss workout would be a combination of weight training and high-intensity interval training. The best thing about weight training is that you will still be burning calories even after your activity is over. This type of exercise routine is known as the afterburner effect. High-intensity cardio is where you train your body like a sprinter, not a marathon runner. So you can do 30 minutes of weight training followed by 15 minutes of high-intensity cardio. This type of workout will help you lose weight 5 times faster than just running on a treadmill for long distances.
- If you are not losing weight, a person should consume less than the maintenance calories. Everybody knows that. But many people don’t know how many calories a particular food contains. And in this process, they end up underestimating the calories that they have consumed. A study shows that people underestimate calories by as much as 50%. In this method, most people fail to lose weight.
- Now I understand that tracking every single calorie is very important. I would suggest you follow your calories for just ten days. In these ten days, you will have a rough idea of how many calories a particular food can contain. And it will help you throughout your life. Taking this small step will help you achieve great results and lose weight.
- Losing weight is not a one-day process. Losing weight itself is a journey. You are losing weight demands you to change your various eating habits. Now, if you suddenly subject yourself to a hardcore diet and start working out along with it, there are high chances that you get frustrated in between and stop the journey altogether. So, it is always better to take small steps.
I would suggest you first take care of your diet and then go for exercise.
The first thing that you can do is stop eating junk food outside. Then you can reduce the portion size of your meals. Next, you can opt for healthy alternatives. For example, instead of white rice, start using brown rice. Once you feel comfortable about your diet, you can take it to the next level and start working out. So you should not go overboard yourself with a lot of changes at one point in time. Please make a small change to lose weight slowly, and get used to it. Then go for the following modification. With every small step you take, your body will positively impact you, and you will comfortably lose weight through these small changes.
Unfortunately, for many people, the idea of a weight loss diet is starvation. People who skip their breakfast or lunch eat like a dinosaur in their dinner. Never make this mistake. Skipping breakfast is not simply because appetite is not sustainable. Nor is it healthy.
Similarly, some people will take the liberty to pamper themselves with delicious food outside after working out if they are not losing weight because they have put themselves into uncomfortable positions which are not sustainable for long. One can quickly lose weight even if they are throughout the day. All you need to do is eat the right food in the right quantities. Even if you take up some fad diet, execute it for seven days and successfully lose 3 or 4 kgs. After returning to your regular diet, you will gain weight again.
So, it is always better to set realistic goals and make your weight loss journey as comfortable as possible. These were some common mistakes that I feel people make in their weight loss journey.